Wednesday, October 28, 2009

thee End of a Chapter.

October, that is. I find it so insane how it's almost the end of the month when it feels like it just started. This happens everytime, though. Life is zooming by, whether or not you're in sync with it.


--on another note, I found this thing I wrote on my phone a whiiile back & I've been wanting to share it. No official title for whatever it is this is. Just "motorcycle."


    "You gotta trust me, bay," he spoke softly, barely above a whisper looking me square in my eyes. Hesitation so palpable in my air, I glanced down at his extended hand, an invitation for my hand to join, then back at the rest of his body that sat rigidly on his '87 coffee chrome Harley. He licked his lips and contorted his features into one of impatience and hurt.

I know he was probably thinking entrusting him with my life was something I haven't come to do but that wasn't the case. I was just...afraid. Afraid of actually coming to realize I trust him THAT much. The thought washed over my psyche like a wave, causing me to shiver. It earned a look of concern from him.

"Bay..." he started in a pleading tone, "come ride wit' me." Even if I had no ears to receive the sound waves he submitted with his mouth, I could simply look at him, into his olive brown eyes and conclude he was begging. I tried to stall for as long as I could by averting my attention to the traffic that flew by us from where we were stationed. The wind blew, increasing the cold temperature. I wrapped my jacket tighter around my torso before making up my mind. Taking one more look at the hand that held out to me, open and waiting to receive the heat of my palm that signified much more than accepting a ride on his bike, I brought my lips into my mouth. Shaking my head from left to right slowly, I took one step back.

His head flinched back slightly at the movement. He looked so hurt but I chose to overlook it 'cause I knew the deal. Letting out a shuddering sigh, I closed my eyes tightly as my hand searched through the night for his hand. Once my palm lay in his, he tightly clasped his hand around mine. I smiled through closed eyes.

"I love you," he said.

Finally opening my eyes, I replied "I love you, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment